London Marathon Club Ballot Draw
As an England Athletics associated club, Mansfield Harriers & A.C is allocated a number of London Marathon entries. It is the responsibility of the committee to ensure that every member of the club who wishes to enter this ballot has a fair and equal opportunity to do so. It is also the responsibility of the committee to deliver this in a transparent and accountable manner. The rules are as follows:
- The ballot is only open to first claim members.
- Any member entering the club ballot must have been an affiliated and fully paid member of Mansfield Harriers & A.C (the “Club”) for at least 12 months prior to the date of the draw.
- Ballot entrants should be active members of the Club, specifically in the 12 months prior to the draw, they must have competed in at least one Club race.
- Original letters from London Marathon must be produced as proof that the member was unsuccessful in the public ballot, if e-mail confirmation was received a copy of the email must be provided.
- Members cannot enter the ballot if they were successful in receiving a place in the previous year’s club ballot, priority will be given to anyone who hasn't been successful in the past.
- Any committee member wishing to enter the ballot must follow the same process as any other club member.
Any athlete who wishes to enter the ballot but does not meet these criteria will not be included in the draw.
If any of the places are not claimed from the above criteria a second ballot will be held for members who didn’t enter the London Marathon ballot and don't have a rejection slip, they must meet all other criteria.
The number of ballot spaces the Club receives is dependent on how many paid members the Club has at the time the organisers issue them. Members will be informed of spaces available (usually one or two) soon after this number is known.
Traditionally the ballot draw takes place late November / Early December.